BC Hong Kong has now made the leap from ancient ActivStudio to ActivInspire, the new Interactive Whiteboard software from Promethean.
For a collection of short tutorials accessible from work or home, register for a free Promethean course, Introduction to ActivInspire. It has two options – Primary for those of you teaching VYL to UP and Studio for JS to Adult. The course is well worth doing.
For newcomers to IWBs, this worksheet and flipchart developed by BC Singapore will help you get started using the software in the staffroom and in your classroom.
For more experienced users of ActivStudio, this collection of online resources will show you:
- the most important differences between ActivStudio and ActivInspire
- the differences between the two versions of ActivInspire – Primary and Studio
- how to create interactive flipcharts using some of the new tools and features in ActivInspire.
Thanks for your patience while I work with our excellent IT team to iron out issues including:
- installing the latest version of ActivInspire on computers in the staffroom
- installing the full resource library on computers in the staffroom and classroom
- making it easier to create and access individual profiles
- preventing the software crashing when saving new versions of a flipchart
- preventing pages disappearing …
If you have any queries about ActivInspire – or tips for other teachers – please post them here!